Week 3 Crafty update

So, this past week I’ve not been quite so diligent on my projects, as I was severly distracted by getting a new Bullet Journal.

Anyway, I did start and finish one of four napkins designated for the giftbasket His Majesty William of Drachenwald will bring to Estrella. The first one is a Pelican napkin and I’ve started on the second one, which will be a Chivalry token. I have two more prepared for a Laurel and Order of Defence. I shouldn’t have too much trouble finishing them in time.

Pelican done! #estrellawar #giftbasket #sca #pelican

A post shared by Lia de Thornegge (@lia.me.fecit) on

 

In other news, we finally made a decision and I bought fabric to sew up a tentlining for the sleeping apse in our new big tent. We’re going to use the extant tab top curtains as the front, and cover the rest of the bed area with light cotton canvas which was on sale at our local fabric store.

Week 2 2017 – crafts update

So in order to keep track of things, here’s a post of what I did this week, crafts wise.

In preparation for sewing circle I ripped out the skirt and sleeves of my unfinished Spanish late 15th C gown. The plan was to get it re-fitted and measure out where to set in the skirt, which I got help with by Helwig. The skirt is not re-attached by hand – whipstitching it with buttonhole silk.

I’ve also continued hemming my wool Roman gown. It’s not a big task, it’s not a difficult task, but it’s slow going because I sew with wool using a reproduction brass needle. It’s lovely and tactile to work with, but I have to go carefully.

In other new, I’ve been talking to my household and working on a household badge (Per pale indented sable semy of seeblatts inverted argent and vert mullety argent), which I sent in to Edelweiss today. Hopefully it will go through without problem, as I asked Anna de Byxe to check it for me to start.

Entirely modern, I finally stitched on reflexive tape on windbreaker bottoms. I use the flexy reflective armbands on my arms, but they’re too small to fit around my windbreaker bottoms, so I’ve been planning to sew on a strip of reflex tape there for ages. This week I remembered it, when I was in town, with time to look for it in the fabric store, and I put it on the leg by machine.