So, this past week I’ve not been quite so diligent on my projects, as I was severly distracted by getting a new Bullet Journal.
Anyway, I did start and finish one of four napkins designated for the giftbasket His Majesty William of Drachenwald will bring to Estrella. The first one is a Pelican napkin and I’ve started on the second one, which will be a Chivalry token. I have two more prepared for a Laurel and Order of Defence. I shouldn’t have too much trouble finishing them in time.
In other news, we finally made a decision and I bought fabric to sew up a tentlining for the sleeping apse in our new big tent. We’re going to use the extant tab top curtains as the front, and cover the rest of the bed area with light cotton canvas which was on sale at our local fabric store.
On the page for Documents I’ve added my competition write-up of my crimson cushion. Check it out :)
Last fall and this spring I took part in a major project to re-create two intarsia coverlets that are displayed in the Historiska Museum in Stockholm. It was a project started by Maria Neijman and Amica Sundström. There was a grand opening and unveiling of the two resulting textiles at the museum, where you can go from the extant originals to our copies and see how they might have appeared when new. I made one square on the Dalhem cover (the one in the foreground – photo by Jonas Evertsson). You can see them on display there until July.
Maria and Amica have written a summary of the project on their blog: Historical Textiles
I had a little time before Double Wars when I knew there was going to be an elevation, and had time to prepare a little thing. For her reign with Marcus I made napkins for Cecilia, and I also made up a shirt with embroideries that I finished for their coronation. For her elevation to the Order of the Pelican I had a tiny napkin in a fine even quality linen which I embroidered with a little pelican in one corner and her initials in the other (C J). I forgot to take a picture of it, so had to ask her to send me a couple. It was fun to do, even if it was a last-minute thing. All of the stitching was done in black silk, except the three drops of blood, stem stitch. I think everyone needs a tiny napkin for court-tears. Also, since I have taught it a couple of times now, the handout of long-armed cross stitch, and the handout for drawn-thread hemstitch can now be found under the folder Documents at the top.
p.s. Still not finished with my crimson seat cushion.
It is nearly impossible to take a good photo of the white silk embroidery I’m doing on this cushion, and I suspect no photo will do the finished project justice.
However, here is a timelapse of the working of each seeblatt on the crimson cushion. Also I seem incapable of setting the delay on my animated gifs to anything but 0.2 seconds.
The nice thing about these pictures is you see how the lighter green spine on the leaves liven things up!
… but here’s how I work one entire repeat, line by line.