Liripipe hood

2003 Liripipe hoodJanuary 2003

I have been working on making a hood in black wool, lined with a yellow/mustard brocade, according to this pattern. I started with making a cotton one first to make sure I had it right. Good thing I did as I changed the gores a bit in position and made them deeper. Although it turned out to be really quite big it looks the business and is very warm and cozy.
Before taking this hood with me to Visby 2004 I cut off about 10 cm from the back seam, making it a size more appropriate for me. I also made buttons out of self-fabric and hand-stitched buttonholes down the front.